Process improvement tools power digital transformation
In a world where speed matters, businesses need the agility and flexibility to quickly modify their processes and business practices to stay competitive.
Historically, large companies have thwarted this kind of process improvement by locking themselves into outdated systems, processes, and ways of working. A variety of factors — including modernisation and changing customer expectations — now play a role in driving companies toward business process improvement and transformation.
Many companies realise that they need to find better ways to manage their processes. Once leaders and managers within a company define end-to-end processes, they identify opportunities for process improvement, measure performances, identify improvement targets, and then look for solutions and tools that increase efficiency and agility across the organisation.
How K2 helps
K2, traditionally used as workflow software or bpms software, has evolved into a comprehensive process automation platform that empowers businesses to improve their processes in eight key ways:
- Centralised task management means you can work from one place. Stop logging into a bunch of systems or duplicating work to get things done. Any data you need from a backend system (for example Salesforce, DropBox, in-house accounting software) is all there together — in one form, report or application.
- Out of the box connectors make it easy to integrate with the tools you already use. Keep using the third-party tools like DocuSign, Box, PowerBI, Twitter and others, that are helping you improve customer experiences, streamline document management and monitor how the business is doing.
- Out of the box reports so you can easily identify opportunities to improve processes. K2’s built-in reporting capabilities and dashboard give managers and the executive team visibility into the business. Detecting bottlenecks, prioritising tasks, reviewing individual performance and identifying general trends and risks are all essential to process improvement.
- App wizards, drag-and-drop designers and prompts give business users the ability to create their own applications. These kinds of low-code tools make it possible for the process users themselves to build an app instead of a developer. That kind of insight is vital. Low-code tools also empower non-IT users to quickly modify and update their processes as business needs change or opportunities to improve are identified.
- Online forms help you streamline day-to-day tasks. Forms make it possible to work from one place and collaborate with co-workers. Gone are the days of filling out paper forms and manually entering data into line of business systems or logging into many systems to complete one task. An online form can act as a hub for collecting electronic signatures, documents, photos and other files that are essential to a process.
- Do your work from anywhere, at anytime, on any device — whether online or offline. The ability to turn any app built on K2 into a mobile app means users and field workers can do all their work even while they are on the go. No more waiting on a wifi connection or for someone to get back to the office.
- Build workflow apps with visual tools to speed up the development process and reduce errors. By using pictures to diagram out a workflow, the logic and steps behind the workflow are no longer buried in code. This makes it possible for more people to contribute to the improvement of a process. It also makes it easy to click into a picture of a workflow and see the status of a task. For example, who it’s assigned to, how long it’s been waiting for action, the response given, and more.
- Deploy K2 in the cloud so that even the process of building apps is improved. Get up and running as quickly as possible. Don’t worry about maintaining servers, security, updates and upgrades.
Manager, Marketing and Channel Development at K2